- This event has passed.
New Opportunities to Explore Safe Supply and the Legal Regulation of Drugs [ONLINE]
July 23 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Because of disruptions to the drug supply and the need to purchase and use drugs in settings where it may be difficult to protect themselves and others from risk of infection, COVID-19 presents unique challenges for people who use drugs. These challenges have reignited conversations about creating safe and legal access to drugs. Join us as advocates and experts discuss how COVID has impacted access to drugs and associated risks, and in so doing, has provided an opportunity to envision how things could look differently under a system of legal regulation.
Moderators: Hannah Hetzer & Jules Netherland, Drug Policy Alliance
• Steve Rolles, Transform Drug Policy Foundation
• Mark Tyndall, UBC School of Population & Public Health
• Sterling Johnson, Angels in Motion; Black and Brown Workers Cooperative
• Neill Franklin, Law Enforcement Action Partnership
• Erica Thomson, BC and Yukon Association of Drug War Survivors