- This event has passed.
The Guided Psychedelic Journey
January 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
THE GUIDED PSYCHEDELIC JOURNEY with GREG LAWRENCE
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH | 7 – 9 PM | $25 EARLY BIRD, $30 DAY OF
Even the most experienced of psychonauts have questions about the so-called “therapeutic” or “guided” psychedelic experience. You may wonder what the difference is between a guide, a facilitator, a sitter, and a shaman; why people use eye shades and headphones; what kind of music is used in these sessions; and many other things. These questions and more will be answered during this talk:
* The difference between a sitter, facilitator, guide, and shaman.
* What a guide is and what they “do.”
* Considerations when choosing a guide.
* Various settings in which psychedelics are typically used.
* How the psychoactive effects of psychedelics may be influenced by these settings.
* The role of music in the experience and various theories / opinions about music.
* The importance of preparation and integration.
This lively and informative presentation will be followed by Q&A.