- This event has passed.
The Guided Psychedelic Journey
November 7, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
About this Event
Even the most experienced of psychonauts have questions about the so-called “therapeutic” or “guided” psychedelic experience. You may wonder what the difference is between a guide, a facilitator, a sitter, and a shaman; why people use eye shades and headphones; what kind of music is used in these sessions; and many other things. These questions and more will be answered during this talk:
- The difference between a sitter, facilitator, guide, and shaman.
- What a guide is and what they “do.”
- Considerations when choosing a guide.
- Various settings in which psychedelics are typically used.
- How the psychoactive effects of psychedelics may be influenced by these settings.
- The role of music in the experience and various theories / opinions about music.
- The importance of preparation and integration.
This lively and informative presentation will be followed by Q&A.
DATE: November 7, 2019
TIME: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
LOCATION: Thymele Arts – 5481 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029 (parking available in underground structure whose entrance is on the east side Western Ave just north of Santa Monica Blvd.)
DOOR TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE: $30
SPEAKER BIO: Greg Lawrence is a Psychedelic Integration Coach and a prominent member of the Los Angeles psychedelic community. In addition to his private integration practice, he works as a coach at the Transpersonal Counseling Center (a psychotherapy practice located in Los Angeles). He also works with the following two organizations that focus on psychedelic advocacy, education, harm reduction, and integration:
- PsychedeLiA Integration, where he does integration work with clients one-on-one and also facilitate bi-weekly community integration circles.
- Innerspace Integration, where he serves as a member of their Integration Support Network
Greg is a Certified Psychedelic Integration and Transformational Recovery Coach, Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner, and a Master Instructor in Integrated Energy Therapy (IET). You can find more information about Greg here.