- This event has passed.
The Psychedelic Renaissance: A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Psychedelics
November 21, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
About this Event
This talk will be a comparative look at the resurgence of psychedelic medicines and how attitudes and approach to these medicines have changed since the 1960s when they became prohibited. Topics will include:
- The role of pharmaceutical drugs in solving mental and emotional issues
- Why people started to look elsewhere for healthier and more viable solutions
- A bottom-up approach to psychedelics
- The whys of doing a reality-altering substance in the first place
- The journey and the integration process
- Recreational use vs. spiritual journey
- Psychedelics at various phases in the lifespan
- The role of psychedelics in physical health
- The spiritual journey and lifting the veils
As an electrical engineer, Sel Sarkin became interested in the use of frequency propagation as a healing method and designed and built several variations of the EMEM or Rife machine, researching its effect on the blood. He has traveled extensively, lived in different countries, and taught meditation, dance therapy, and breathwork. As part of his travels, he has worked with shamans using San Pedro, ayahuasca, psilocybin, and 5-Meo-DMT. Sel leads retreats in countries where the toad medicine is legal, and he offers integration sessions to people who have used psychedelic medicine as part of their spiritual journey and healing process.